\ ˈkwech, ˈkve-\
Definition of quetsch
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a dry white Alsatian brandy distilled from fermented plum juice
Definition of quetsch (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a vat equipped with rollers for applying chemical solutions or sizing to yarn or cloth and used especially in the slashing process
2 : one of the rollers in a quetsch
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game