quare im·pe·dit | \ -ˈimpədə̇t\
Definition of quare impedit
: a writ by which a common-law action for deciding a disputed right of presentation to a benefice begins
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game