qua·qua·ver·sal | \ ¦kwākwə¦vərsəl\
Definition of quaquaversal
(Entry 1 of 2)
: dipping from a center toward all points of the compass a quaquaversal domal structure —used especially of geological formations —opposed to centroclinal —contrasted with partiversal — compare dome sense 7a
Definition of quaquaversal (Entry 2 of 2)
: a quaquaversal dome, ridge, or structure
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game