qua·qua·ver·sal | \ ¦kwākwə¦vərsəl\
Definition of quaquaversal
(Entry 1 of 2)
: dipping from a center toward all points of the compass a quaquaversal domal structure —used especially of geological formations —opposed to centroclinal —contrasted with partiversal — compare dome sense 7a
Definition of quaquaversal (Entry 2 of 2)
: a quaquaversal dome, ridge, or structure
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?