Definition of quaffable
of a beverage
: easy and enjoyable to drink : suitable for being quaffed —used especially of wine that is simple and pleasant to drink This light, simple wine offers berry and herbal flavors and tart acidity. It's quaffable, but lacks intensity and depth.— Thomas Matthews… churning out unremarkable but eminently quaffable reds (and whites) for the thirsty Madrid market.— Gerald Asher
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game