Definition of pygmy hippopotamus
Note: In addition to its smaller size, the pygmy hippopotamus differs from the common hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius) in being nocturnal and less aquatic and in having a rounder head with the eyes set to the sides, less webbing between the toes, and only one pair of lower incisor teeth.
Keep scrolling for more
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?