put asidephrasal verb
put aside; putting aside; puts aside
Definition of put aside
1 : to save or keep (something, such as money) to be used at a later time She's been putting aside some money for a vacation. Can you put a few minutes aside for a short meeting?
2 : to stop worrying or thinking about (something) We need to put these problems aside for now and get the work done. It's time to put aside our differences and start working together.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game