put a name to (someone or something)idiom
Definition of put a name to (someone or something)
: to think of and say the name of (someone or something) Can you put a name to the face in this photograph? I couldn't put a name to the emotion I was feeling.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?