put (something) down tophrasal verb
put (something) down to; putting (something) down to; puts (something) down to
Definition of put (something) down to
: to say or think that (something) happened because of (something) Let's put the mistake down to your inexperience and forget about it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game