pure and simpleidiom
Definition of pure and simple
: with nothing other than what has been mentioned —used after a noun or phrase to add emphasis It was fraud, pure and simple.The relationship is over, pure and simple.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game