pull/yank someone's chainidiom
Definition of pull/yank someone's chain
: to deceive someone in a friendly or playful way : play a joke on someone I thought he really won the lottery but he was only pulling my chain.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game