pull forphrasal verb
pulled for; pulling for; pulls for
Definition of pull for
: to say or show that one hopes (someone or something) will succeed, get well, etc. We're all pulling for you (to get well). I'm pulling for the home team.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game