pull forphrasal verb
Definition of pull for
: to say or show that one hopes (someone or something) will succeed, get well, etc. We're all pulling for you (to get well). I'm pulling for the home team.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game