puff outphrasal verb
puffed out; puffing out; puffs out
Definition of puff out
: to make (something) larger and rounder by filling it with air She puffed her cheeks out and blew out the candles. A gust of wind puffed out the boat's sails.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?