puff outphrasal verb
puffed out; puffing out; puffs out
Definition of puff out
: to make (something) larger and rounder by filling it with air She puffed her cheeks out and blew out the candles. A gust of wind puffed out the boat's sails.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game