pseu·do·dipteral | \ ¦sü(ˌ)dō+\
Definition of pseudodipteral
: marked by columniation that is falsely or imperfectly dipteral in that the inner row of columns is omitted but the space for them is preserved
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game