pro·fun·dal | \ prəˈfəndᵊl\
Definition of profundal
: of, relating to, being, or living in the part of a thermally stratified lake that extends downward from the upper part of the hypolimnion to the bottom of the lake or in very deep lakes to 600 meters
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game