Definition of private judge
Note: The law in some states in the U.S. allows for the parties in a case (such as a divorce or contract dispute) to agree to the appointment of an individual (such as a specialist in a field or a retired judge) to decide the matter outside of a court of law. In such a case, the parties pay for the judge's services and related costs.
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game