Definition of price lining
: a system of retail merchandising under which a merchant sets up fixed prices for various categories of goods and plans his buying and other expenses so as to be able to supply goods regularly at such prices price lining is especially practical in stores that employ comparison shoppers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game