Definition of pressure ridge
: a ridge produced on floating ice by buckling or crushing under lateral pressure of wind or tide or on a congealing lava flow by the continued movement of its liquid interior
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game