:an area on the body sensitive to pressure: such as
:a discrete point on the body that when pressed causes pain
- The technique involves using pressure points along the jaw to cause pain and induce temporary paralysis of the jaw.
- —Margaret Harding
:a point on the body to which pressure is applied (as in acupressure or reflexology) for therapeutic purposes
- … an ancient Chinese art and science that uses pressure points in the feet and hands to relax and revitalize the entire body.
:a point on the body where a blood vessel (such as the femoral artery) can be compressed against an underlying bone to slow blood flow and control bleeding
- … begin controlling bleeding by pressing on pressure points or by applying tourniquets.
- —Shakava Andres
:a region of the body where a static position tends to cause circulatory deficiency and the development of bedsores
- Pressure points of the human body when lying down in bed receive poor blood circulation, which causes the sore.
- —Mike Cote
:a sensitive critical issue or matter that can be exploited for one's advantage
- political pressure points