press onphrasal verb
Definition of press on
1 : to continue moving forward in a forceful or steady way The troops pressed on in spite of the snow.
2 : to continue to do something especially in a determined way Now that we have answered that question, let's press on.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game