variants: or pre-service
Definition of preservice
: of, relating to, or taking place during a period of time preceding active civil or military service preservice teachers A wiser path of reform is pre-service and in-service training that would equip federal workers with skills for the jobs they actually do.— John J. DiIulio Jr.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game