variants: or pre-program
preprogrammed or pre-programmed; preprogramming or pre-programming
Definition of preprogram
: to program (something or someone) in advance Users preprogram their contacts into the app, and with the press of a button, the app will automatically text those contacts.— Issi Lapowsky In commercial or industrial buildings you could preprogram lighting cycles …— Trevor Pott … before birth we are preprogrammed with a wide amplitude of longevity prospects, intelligence and physical capabilities.— Ken Miller
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?