prehn·it·ic acid | \ (ˈ)prā¦nitik-, (ˈ)pre¦-\
Definition of prehnitic acid
: either of two isomeric acids derived from benzene:
b : a crystalline acid C6H2(COOH)4 formed especially by oxidation of prehnitene; 1,2,3,4-benzene-tetracarboxylic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game