prehn·i·tene | \ -nəˌtēn\
Definition of prehnitene
: a liquid aromatic hydrocarbon C6H2(CH3)4 prepared with other hydrocarbons by methylation of mesitylene or pseudocumene by means of the Friedel-Crafts reaction; 1,2,3,4-tetramethyl-benzene
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game