variants: or pre-electric
Definition of preelectric
: of or like that of a time before the human use of electricity the preelectric era/world a preelectric sewing machine One [solar storm] on the order of the 1859 event could take out the entire grid, sending hundreds of millions of people back to a preelectric way of life …— Timothy Ferris
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game