preach to the choiridiom
Definition of preach to the choir
: to speak for or against something to people who already agree with one's opinions The speeches he makes to his supporters won't win him any more votes. He's just preaching to the choir.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game