variants: or less commonly prelector \ prēˈlektə(r) \
Definition of praelector
1 : a reader, lecturer, or professor in a college or university
2 : a college officer (as in Cambridge University) in charge of presenting members of the college to the university for matriculation and graduation
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?