Definition of powdery mildew
1 : an ascomycetous fungus (family Erysiphaceae) producing abundant powdery conidia on the host
2 : a plant disease caused by a powdery mildew
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game