pour intophrasal verb
poured into; pouring into; pours into
Definition of pour into
: to spend (a large amount of money, time, energy, etc.) on (something) She has poured thousands (of dollars) into the business. He has been pouring all his time/resources into the project.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game