Definition of pothos
: a southeast Asian climbing plant (Epipremnum aureum synonym Scindapsus aureus) of the arum family widely grown especially as a houseplant for its leathery or waxy heart-shaped green leaves that are spotted or streaked with golden yellow or white
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?