post·na·tus | \ (ˈ)pōs(t)ˈnātəs\
plural postnati\ -āˌtī \
Definition of postnatus
: a person born after an event especially with reference to the existence of political rights (as a person born in one of the 13 American colonies after the Declaration of Independence) —usually used in plural of the slaves only the postnati were freed —opposed to antenatus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game