Definition of postindependence
: of, relating to, or occurring in the period following the attainment of independence the nation's first postindependence president … the country was so poor that its postindependence leaders famously told inquiring businessmen that there was "no point being corrupt."— Alex Perry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?