Definition of postindependence
: of, relating to, or occurring in the period following the attainment of independence the nation's first postindependence president … the country was so poor that its postindependence leaders famously told inquiring businessmen that there was "no point being corrupt."— Alex Perry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?