poor debtor's oathnoun
Definition of poor debtor's oath
: the oath to the facts bringing a person within the purview of a poor-debtor law and required to obtain the benefit of that law
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game