Definition of polywater
: a hypothetical form of water in which the molecules are linked into polymerlike chains The pseudo-discovery of polywater is another example of a well-publicized event gone sour. … The revolutionary substance was eventually found to be water contaminated by all sorts of impurities, including probably the sweat and elbow grease of the hard-working scientists, and it was these contaminants that accounted for its unusual properties.— Roger G. Newton
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?