Definition of polyvinyl butyral
: a tough flexible transparent moisture-resistant polyvinyl acetal resin made from polyvinyl alcohol and butyraldehyde and used chiefly as the interlayer in safety glass and other laminated products and as a coating for textiles
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game