Definition of polyvinyl butyral
: a tough flexible transparent moisture-resistant polyvinyl acetal resin made from polyvinyl alcohol and butyraldehyde and used chiefly as the interlayer in safety glass and other laminated products and as a coating for textiles
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game