variants: or less commonly polydemonism \ ¦pälē¦dēməˌnizəm , -lə̇¦d- \
Definition of polydaemonism
: belief in or worship of a multitude of demons or demoniacal powers
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game