poly·crase | \ -āz \
Definition of polycrase
: a mineral (Y,Ca,Ce,U,Th)(Ti,Cb,Ta)2O6 consisting of a columbate and titanate of the metals of the yttrium group that is isomorphous with euxenite (hardness 5–6, specific gravity 5)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game