poly·crase | \ -āz\
Definition of polycrase
: a mineral (Y,Ca,Ce,U,Th)(Ti,Cb,Ta)2O6 consisting of a columbate and titanate of the metals of the yttrium group that is isomorphous with euxenite (hardness 5–6, specific gravity 5)
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game