Definition of polyamorous
: involving, having, or characterized by more than one open romantic relationship at a time : marked by polyamory … Wonder Woman was created by a man who not only believed in the superiority of the fairer sex but also carried on a polyamorous relationship with two feminists who lived with him in one house, along with their children.— Melissa Maerz They are a "polyamorous" family – one whose members are openly committed to several loves at the same time.— Annalee Newitz … many polyamorous relationships are exclusive families whose composition may not change for decades, if ever.— Elizabeth Larsen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game