point outphrasal verb
Definition of point out
1 : to direct someone's attention to (someone or something) by pointing He pointed his girlfriend out(to me) in the crowd. Could you point out the restrooms, please.
2 : to talk about or mention (something that one thinks is important) He was quick to point our mistake out. He pointed out the benefits/importance of daily exercise. As she likes to point out, she distrusted him from the beginning.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game