ply for hire/business/tradeidiom
Definition of ply for hire/business/trade
: to try to get customers or business Taxis ply for hire/business outside the train station. The company is plying for trade in America.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game