plunge inphrasal verb
plunged in; plunging in; plunges in
Definition of plunge in
1 : to push (something) into something quickly and forcefully The nurse grabbed his arm and plunged the needle in.
2 : to start doing something with enthusiasm and energy It was a big project, so we all just had to plunge in and get started.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game