plunge inphrasal verb
Definition of plunge in
1 : to push (something) into something quickly and forcefully The nurse grabbed his arm and plunged the needle in.
2 : to start doing something with enthusiasm and energy It was a big project, so we all just had to plunge in and get started.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game