plumped for; plumping for; plumps for
Definition of plump for
1 US : to express support for (someone or something) The President plumped for the incumbent candidate in the election.
2 British : to choose (someone or something) after thinking carefully I finally plumped for the blue dress.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game