plug·man | \ ˈpləgmən\
Definition of plugman
1 : the member of a gun crew (as in the U.S. Navy) whose duty is to open and close the breech plug or breechblock in firing
2 : a miner who attends pumps in a mine
3 : a plugger who fastens stoppers in bottoms of billet molds in which copper is to be cast
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game