plow aheadphrasal verb
plowed ahead; plowing ahead; plows ahead
Definition of plow ahead
: to continue to do something without being stopped by problems or opposition The city is plowing ahead with plans to demolish the building.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game