plough a lone/lonely furrowidiom
Definition of plough a lone/lonely furrow
: to do something alone or do something that no one else will do She has had to plough a lone/lonely furrow in her pursuit of reform.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game