play itself outidiom
Definition of play itself out
1 : to take place : happen This scene plays itself out daily in every large city in this country.
2 : to stop being current or popular That style of music had played itself out and the record companies wanted something new.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game