Definition of platy
(Entry 1 of 2)
plural platy or platys or platies also platyfish or platyfishes
Definition of platy (Entry 2 of 2)
: either of two tropical American freshwater live-bearers (Xiphophorus maculatus and X. variatus) that have a highly variable often brilliant color and are popular aquarium fishes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?