plant/sow a seed ofidiom
Definition of plant/sow a seed of
: to cause (an idea, feeling, etc.) to be in someone's mind Her comment planted/sowed a seed of doubt/suspicion in his mind.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game