pis·tia | \ ˈpistēə\
Definition of pistia
1 capitalized : a genus of tropical free-floating aquatic herbs (family Araceae) having tufted leaves and few-flowered spadices — see water lettuce
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Pistia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?