pi·root | \ pīˈrüt\
Definition of piroot
1 South & Midland : to go about idly or aimlessly —often used with around
2 South & Midland : to nose around : snoop went pirooting into a cave— J. F. Dobie
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?